Tiller is looking for an Art Director to provide leadership in creative strategy, concept development, and the execution of creative solutions. We are looking for someone who is passionate about design and collaborating with other creative people to make outstanding work that drives measurable results for our tech and software clients.
What you get to do:
- Be an advocate for achieving client business goals through high quality creative solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project team members on strategic brainstorming, project brief development, concept development, and creative execution.
- Provide creative oversight from project start to completion, conduct design reviews, and give actionable feedback to other designers
- Directly contribute to project strategy including user flows, sitemaps, information architecture, wireframes, storyboards, etc.
- Create attractive and effective user interfaces for websites and web apps, style guides, component libraries, graphic concepts, etc.
- Present work to both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to Quality Assurance on developed UI
- Contribute to the growth and development of other designers
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years leading design teams and 8+ years experience designing responsive websites and/or web apps
- Have a strong portfolio that showcases creativity, problem solving, critical thinking, and excellent user experience
- Have experience engaging with clients and presenting work
- Have experience in strategic brainstorming, concept development, project brief development, and creative execution.
- Have an eagerness to collaborate with others and lead creative people
- Are experienced in design fundamentals and principles including visual design, web standards, grid systems, layout, composition, typography, hierarchy, colour, imagery, and messaging
- Are experienced in creating wireframes and prototypes
- Have expert-level experience with design tools including Sketch (or similar such as Adobe XD, Figma), Photoshop, Illustrator
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate creative ideas and rationale both verbally and in written form
- Experience collaborating with developers to add form and function to UI design
- Are highly detail oriented and able to thoroughly review your own and others’ work
- Have experience executing or leading creative solutions for tech and SaaS organizations
- Have creative agency experience
- Value continuous improvement for yourself and your teammates
- Can work effectively remotely and in office
- Note: this is an in-office position once COVID restrictions are reduced to allow us to work at the office again
- Have watched “The Office” tv show (we reference it often)